Below, find a list of available jobs in the Ohio area. Please email our careers chair, Rebecca Karason at firstname.lastname@example.org, for postings to this site. She can also forward your posts to interested energy engineering professionals!
Please email Jeff Roe at email@example.com
know if you would like to mentor younger energy professionals (college or early career) or if you would like to have a mentor. This is a new and exciting initiative we have for the Ohio Capital City chapter!
Please also visit the link to EngeryVortex.com
for additional job postings in the Energy Engineering industry. Search listings of available permanent, temporary, full time, and part time positions by location, field of interest, keywords, or other criteria. www.energyvortex.com/careercenter/
Also try using search term "energy engineer" in common indexed job search engines such as Indeed, Monster, Careebuilder, etc...
Columbus City Schools
An Equal Opportunity Employer
TITLE: Manager, Energy (Supervisor A-260)
JOB STATUS: Administrator, FLSA Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Bui
- Manages through Maintenance Supervisors the activities and staff of the HVAC systems and Preventive Maintenance. Duties include hiring, training, counseling, and evaluating staff performance.
- Manages the district’s energy conservation program.
- Conducts comprehensive analysis of the district’s utility bills; prepares written report identifying over billing errors and high energy use and recommendations to maximize energy credits.
- Participates in site plan reviews and on-site inspections of assigned building construction and renovation projects ensuring compliance with the district’s energy management requirements.
- Administers the district’s environmental safety program including asbestos management and investigation/ resolution of chemical emergencies.
- Manages the maintenance and repair of the centralized building automation system which controls major building system functions including HVAC, energy, lighting, security, fire and safety systems.
- Prepares required documentation and reports.
- Monitors assigned functions to ensure compliance with related regulatory standards; initiates corrective action as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains internal and external communications to keep appropriate individuals informed of departmental activities.
- Develops and maintains appropriate communication and relationships with all departments, and officials of Ohio School Facilities Commission governmental agencies, external contractors, and others to coordinate activities, resolve problems and exchange information regarding operation of the district’s facilities.
- Resolves problems, situations or issues in a collaborative, tactful, courteous and respectful manner.
- Ensures departmental staff maintains required credentials and facilitates on-going development opportunities that align with district strategies and objectives.
- Maintains current knowledge of regulatory standards and school policies related to the buildings and grounds function including OSHA requirements, EPA requirements and the like. Recommends and implements changes to methods and processes as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related field.
- Five (5) or more years of related energy management experience including supervisory responsibilities.
- Valid State of Ohio driver’s license.
- Energy Manager certification.
- Asbestos Management Planner certification.
- State of Ohio Building Inspector certification.
- Professional engineers (PE) license is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory standards and school policies related to building and grounds maintenance OSHA requirements, EPA requirements and the like.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills to effectively manage the daily operations and administration of assigned function(s).
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively communicate, orally and in written form, with district staff, parents, external contractors, and others in the exchange of information.
- Ability to handle problem situations in a tactful, courteous and respectful manner.
- Project management skills necessary to successfully implement a variety of energy and environmental safety projects.
- Analytical ability to develop plans of action to address a variety of issues and concerns in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Computer skills necessary to maintain various departmental records, documents and reports.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the education, experience, skill and ability levels typically needed to successfully perform the essential duties contained in this job description. The qualifications should not be viewed as individual absolute standards, but considered holistically with other position-related criteria.
State of Ohio
Ohio Facilities Construction Commission
TITLE: Energy Program Manager
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Exempt
Location: Franklin County
Job Location: 30 West Spring Street L 4 Columbus, Ohio 43215
Division: Facility & Program Services
Opening Day: Tue. 02/09/16
Closing Date/Time: Thu. 04/07/16 11:59PM Eastern Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Manages assigned statewide energy conservation & efficiency projects, affecting planning, design & construction, maintenance and operations of state & community owned/leased projects: facilitates technical assistance, communication & decision-making on energy, maintenance and operational issues among project management staff, client segment teams, agencies & institutions, school districts, utility companies, architectural & engineering consultants; establishes & maintains energy specialty processes & procedures; leads energy services staff in promoting & educating energy conservation & efficiency in state & community owned/leased buildings; evaluates feasibility & projected return on investments of energy conservation projects; recommends specific project funds to be released for capital projects; evaluates & recommends selection of performance contract proposals; manages project scope, budget, schedule, & quality assurance/control; represents OFCC at public meetings.
Participates in business strategy of OFCC: assists in strategic planning; participates in defining OFCC and Energy Services goals & objectives; develops &/or reviews & executes statewide programs & policies for OFCC; reviews, analyzes, & conducts research on energy concepts regarding new technologies, maintenance, codes & specifications relating to energy conservation & legislation; assists in development of design standards, updates to contracting standards & revisions to customer guidance documents; selects & negotiates professional services.
Supervises energy services staff and other assigned staff; manages professional service consultants: recruits & trains staff; assigns projects; monitors & balances workload of staff; prepares performance evaluations; completes corrective counseling & discipline; approves timesheets & leave requests; supports and manages other activities within the Facilities and Program Services section on an as needed basis, including grant projects and communications.
Minimum QualificationsMust maintain current certificate to practice architecture per ORC 4703.06 or engineering per ORC 4733.11.
Must have at least 2 years of experience supervising a staff of 2 or more employees.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Electronic Payroll Direct Deposit Required.
A test may be given to determine qualifications.
The State of Ohio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, religion, age, disability or military status in employment or the provision of services.
When contacted for an interview, an applicant who requires special accommodations due to a disability should notify the office at that time so proper arrangements can be made for the interview.
Sustainable Technology Coordinator
The Office of Environmental Sustainability and the Environmental Studies Program at Oberlin College invite applications for the position of Sustainable Technology Coordinator.
Oberlin College invites applications for the position of Sustainable Technology Coordinator. The successful candidate will assist in the integration, development, and management of a campus-wide building energy operation system. In addition, the successful candidate will assist in the further development and management of “Environmental Dashboard,” a novel technological system that provides community residents college students, staff, and faculty with environmentally and socially contextualized real-time feedback on energy and water flows and environmental conditions through residential and commercial buildings and through cities.
This is a full-time, one-year position (renewal for additional years contingent on grant funding) jointly reporting to Professor of Environmental Studies, John Petersen, and Meghan Riesterer Assistant Vice President of Energy Management and Sustainability and will work closely with the Project Manager for Environmental Dashboard.
Click Here For More Info
Entry Level Energy Engineer Opportunity
DNV GL – Energy is seeking an entry level energy engineer to join our team. This individual will be expected to perform data collection, research, calculations, analysis, and reporting in support of commercial, industrial energy-efficiency projects for an Investor Owned Utility for natural gas and supporting an electric Investor Owned Utility. This position is based out of our Dublin, OH office.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Would prefer an engineering background (Energy, Industrial, Sustainability, Electrical, Mechanical) but other degrees accepted.
- Prefer a minimum of one year of work experience in energy-efficiency research, building science or energy efficiency program evaluation is preferred
- Educate customers, contractors, architects, engineers, trade organizations and equipment vendors about the energy efficiency program and savings potentials
- Verify installation, operations and performance characteristics of energy-efficient equipment
- Work with Outreach and Operations Manager in the development, maintenance of Opportunity pipeline reporting tools and metrics to be used for internal and client analysis
- Contact customers and contractors to review applications and audit reports, calculate energy savings and ensure all required paperwork is included with the application
- Collaborate with technical staff, partners and clients
- Interview energy managers, customers, contractors and other personnel on energy measures
- Plan and coordinate small meetings and training sessions
- Perform on-site inspections and efficiency assessments of gas, building and electrical systems
- Enter and track energy measurements in proprietary database management system
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to customer sites as required
- Reliable transportation is required
- Prefer familiarity with Ohio’s business and energy efficiency marketplace.
- Demonstrated knowledge of HVAC, gas, electrical, and/or other industrial systems (pumps, fans, air compressors), beyond basic engineering coursework (e.g., internship, senior project, IAC participation, relevant specialization courses, etc.) preferred
- Experience in measurement and verification (M&V) of energy efficiency measures is a plus
- Relevant certifications such as BEP, CEM, LEED AP favored
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
- High proficiency with Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
- No relocation assistance available for this position
If interested, please contact David Richard, Operations Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the DNV GL web site and look for the position under our careers section.
Regional Utilities Excellence Manager
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION
An engineering professional who, working with little or no supervision, applies engineering knowledge, mathematics and statistics, and ingenuity to complete assignments related to nutrition utility design and optimization.
This position is involved in the analysis and improvement of manufacturing operations across Abbott Nutrition US sites, the successful candidate should help sites find and implement opportunities to reduce energy usage.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently gathers manufacturing performance data and performs analysis. Reports findings. Prepares and communicates recommendations and respective action plans to drive cost containment and cost reduction efforts. Executes the recommendations.
- Anticipates future directions. Benchmarks internally and externally.
- Help sites turn data into knowledge by leverage the energy system data and making it actionable in real time with visual displays and energy abnormality alarms tied to production.
- Focus on standardizing and replicating between sites in region
- Support data analytic expansion in region
PROBLEM SOLVING / INNOVATION
- Improves manufacturing processes. Recognizes and implements process improvements and cost reductions; drives replication of best practices.
- Facilitates root cause analysis.
- Find new and innovative ways of implementing energy reduction projects that fall short of the required ROI.
- Support and lead site assessments and Identify New Opportunities for cost reduction
- Independently plans and coordinates activities related to process engineering improvements within AN supply chain. Establishes workable and trackable schedules. Works with staff, outside firms and/or consultants to agree on plans and timetables for a specific project. Develops a budget. Manages multiple, often concurrent, projects and meets deadlines.
- Independently performs economic analysis and feasibility studies. Responsible for achieving financial targets in support of business objectives.
- Accelerate utility project prioritization and implementation
- Lead and support energy reduction projects in region, drive top 10 improvement Opportunities in all US sites
- Complete Site assessments of utilities with a focus on HVAC optimization.
- Mentors others by sharing information and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interfaces frequently with inter-organizational and outside customer contacts. Represents the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Prepares written communication. Conveys information effectively through formal and informal documents with team members, designers, technicians, and other technical personnel, both internal and external to Abbott, using appropriate communication protocols; obtains approval to proceed with proposed action plans.
- Establishes networks. Follows through on goals; contributes willingly and incorporates the ideas of others; shares resources, knowledge, and accountability to benefit the objectives of the business.
- Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments, e.g. offers assistance; interacts effectively with stakeholders at appropriate levels of the organization.
- Resolves underlying problems. Identifies full range of customer/client needs and proposes solutions to address them; makes alterations in products or services to better meet (recognized or unrecognized) customer need, e.g., partners with an outside vendor to provide a better deliverable.
- Support the engineering standards council and draft new global standards as required.
- Complies with all regulations and standards for quality, Environmental, Health, Safety, and Energy (EHS&E) Global Policies, Abbott Engineering Standards, and other governance areas as applicable.
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of assigned tasks.
- Has awareness of the potential consequences of changes to established processes.
- Identifies areas of risk with respect to compliance.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Develops procedures and standards.
- Directs the efforts of others such as technicians and outside resources.
- Provides training.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, science or closely related discipline is desired, or equivalent technical experience plus demonstrated competence, with a desired 5+ years of significant engineering and/or operational experience. Additional post-graduate education may contribute towards the desired years of experience. A Mechanical Engineering degree or related experience is preferred.
- Process and utilities background
- Strong systems skills required.
- Familiar with the use OSI-PI (preferred)
- Familiar with liquid processing (preferred)
- Strong technical knowledge of ingredient water treatment and requirements.
- Ability to read and create Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Interacts well with diverse groups within operations, engineering and maintenance, and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view and articulates tactfully and respectfully one’s own perspective orally, in writing, and in presentations.
- Works well with others in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment.
- Possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences.
- Has a technical background in health care, nutritional products, laboratory diagnostics, medical devices, pharmaceutical, or similar industries (preferred).
- Work conditions: Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day); keyboard use (greater than or equal to 50% of the work day)
- Percent of travel: 25-40%
- Location: COLUMBUS